Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Hermetic Guide to the Hebrew Single Letters

I found this lying around in my old hard drive. I think this would be quite a useful reference for those studying the hermetic path of the Golden Dawn or the O.T.O., as it was for me during my days as high(-nosed) magician. I made this as a wallpaper for my cellphone, so that I could memorize the correspondences easily.

This is just a table of the 12 single-Letters and the astrological signs assigned to them. Knowing these as well as the rest of the Hebrew letter correspondences is essential to learning the teachings of the Golden Dawn, and makes understanding the writings of Crowley a whole lot easier. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have been able to even begin reading Liber ABA - that venerable tome of magical philosophy second only in importance to Aggripa's classic, in my opinion.

The color I used here is O.T.O (green for earth instead of black) for aesthetic purposes, but the astrological assignment is that of the Golden Dawn. Apparently this was before I have read Liber Thoth, otherwise I would have switched Heh and Tzaddi. I'm such a Crowley fan-boy.



Columns - Quadruplicities:
Left Column: Cardinal Signs
Middle Column: Fixed Signs
Right Column: Mutable Signs


Rows - Triplicities:
I included the tarot correspondences in italics: G.D. first, then O.T.O.


Red Row: Fire Triplicity
Heh - Teth - Samekh
Aries - Leo - Sagittarius
Emperor/Star - Strength/Lust - Temperance/Art

Blue Row: Water Triplicity
Chet - Nun - Qoph
Cancer - Scorpio - Pisces
Chariot - Death - Moon

Yellow Row: Air Triplicity
Lamed - Tzaddi - Zayin
Libra - Aquarius - Gemini
Justice/Adjustment - Star/Emperor - Lovers

Green Row: Earth Triplicity
Ayin - Vau - Yod
Capricorn - Taurus - Virgo
Devil - Hierophant - Hermit


93 93/93!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...