Saturday, February 26, 2011

Triple-Goddess Pantacle

I was just accepted into the artisans guild of Ár nDraíocht Féin and so, as my first project, I created something for the goddess of the arts herself.


I used three different colors of metallic paint for this one, each relating to one of the three main divine attributes of Brighid. Copper being a metal associated with Venus is for Brighid the muse of poetry, bronze, relating to Mars, is for Brighid the lady of smithcraft, and gold, the metal of the Sun, is for Brighid the healer.

The color correspondences are obviously hermetic, but hermetic correspondences have been so bored into my psyche that I just feel comfortable using it with other belief structures. I guess sometimes we just have to sacrifce a bit of integrity for the sake of art.

Basbasan Nawa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...